Coastline: Client Broker
Build your career within a National Insurance Leader
Manage the Commercial Lines Underwriting Team
Be a leader and mentor in high quality customer service as the Commercial Lines Underwriting Manager. You can support the direction of the Underwriting Department and manage loss control as you work with minimal supervision.
This is a very attractive position for the experienced Property and Casualty Candidate with Insurer Industry experience. Join a national Insurance leader and work to proactively lead team performance. Use your strong leadership skills to champion the development and implementation change. Be part of a national Canadian Insurance Company’s continuing success story.
- Manage performance and workflow to meet targets for short and long-term goals
- Use proactive coaching, employee development and performance appraisals to manage team performance
- Assess marketplace environment for potential and current influences on business to recommend changes
- Ensure your team follows company policies, procedures and underwriting guidelines
- Contribute to regional strategy developments, benchmarks and business plans
- Contribute to and manage the annual budget
- Analyze risk and recommend a course of action
- Work with HR to identify, interview and hire new employees
- Support the company’s risk appetite and loss control program
- Use leadership and positive persuasive skills to influence the underwriting culture
- Build strong relationships within the Insurance industry by attending Industry events to network
- Maintain positive working relationships within your team and the Company
- A Property and Casualty Industry Designation
- A Minimum of Eight years Property and Casualty experience
- Well developed negotiation and persuasive skills with ability to successfully present new information or techniques
- Proven ability to motivate high performing teams and act as a change-agent
- Use solutions-based analytical problem solving skills to select and implement best solutions
- Able to use full spectrum critical thinking skills during the decision making process
- Excellent use of communication skills to lead underwriting team
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to multitask and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Able to travel when required
- Skilled at building and maintaining Industry relationships
Make it Yours:
This Commercial Lines Underwriting Manager position is an excellent opportunity now available for the experienced Property and Casualty Commercial professional. To apply contact Freyja White at Coastline Insurance Personnel by telephone at 604-738-0552 and by email: email@example.com or use the apply link below.
You receive an excellent marketplace salary, generous extended benefits and the support of management within Regional and National Company offices to continue to excel in your career growth. Take the opportunity today to explore this opportunity for you to use and build on your well-developed leadership and management skills.