Coastline: Client Insurance Company
Make financial stability and innovation past of your future
Underwriting Supervisor – Commercial Lines
The Vancouver Office of a progressive National Insurance Company has a new challenge for an experienced Commercial Lines Underwriting Supervisor. Join a Company committed to driving excellence through innovation and business integrity.
Be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the underwriting team . Work with minimal supervision and ensure profitable risk selection. The candidate we seek thrives on leadership by providing mentorship and coaching to their commercial team. This is an outstanding for a talented person to share knowledge and best practices to continue to grow in the future.
You are joining a National Insurance Company focused on financial stability and a mission to provide policyholders with excellent products and services. There are future opportunities as this Company believes in providing avenues to develop your skills and career growth. This position has become available because of internal promotion.
- Meet company benchmarks by monitoring performance and workload of the teams portfolio.
- Make periodic team reviews to ensure quality assurance.
- Adhere to policies, procedures and underwriting guidelines
- Lead, mentor, coach and provide feedback to communicate employee performance expectations
- Interview potential new employees
- Perform performance reviews
- Support both short and long-term development for business change
- Recommend identified policy and process changes to increase efficiency, product development and superior customer service
- Expertly offer advice for insurance policies, processes, regulations and audits
- Respond to requests in a prompt professional manner
- Analyze risks and recommend informed courses of action
- Consult with Management on underwriting and staffing issues
- Attend industry events and build trusted industry relationships
Qualifications and Skill Base:
- A completed Property and Casualty Industry Designation
- Five or more years Property and Casualty Insurance Industry experience
- Able to use strong leadership skills to provide direction and positively influence team members
- Superior attention to detail with the ability to review and comprehend information
- Excellent analytical and problem solving with the ability to select and implement best solutions
- Strong communication skills including the ability to use persuasive skills
- Understand and use best practices in customer service
- Thrive in a multi-tasking environment while meeting tight deadlines
- Encourages and adapts to change in a work environment
- Effectively uses Microsoft Office Suite
Ready to make a change to continue your career growth? This is a terrific opportunity of a career minded Commercial Lines professional to grow and thrive in a leadership role as Underwriting Supervisor.
For more information and to apply, contact Freyja White at Coastline Insurance Personnel at telephone 604-738-0552 or email Coastline at email@example.com or use the apply link below. Work with Coastline to make 2018 your best career growth year yet. Work with us in strict confidence – we make your job change easy.
Looking for another kind of Insurance Job? Check back here frequently – we update our job board continually with new jobs for your best fit.