Coastline Client Broker
Join a respectful, challenging and rewarding workplace
In-House Insurance Underwriter
Work for one of Canada’s largest Brokers as an In-House Insurance Underwriter in the Commercial Insurance Division. Use your superior risk assessment skills to underwrite new and renewal business, policy changes, cancellations and endorsements.
Your new employer values and promotes teamwork, integrity plus superior customer service. As a self-starter you have a solid understanding of building and maintaining relationships with team members and the insurance marketplace.
As an integral member of the Commercial Business Team you have the following responsibilities:
- Negotiate and underwrite terms for new and renewal business with insurance carriers
- Follows and maintains a log of Insurers submission responses
- Determines market needs in advance by reviewing expiry lists to ensure no gaps in client coverages
- Provides underwriting support for all in-house programs including Economical, Trisura, Lloyds and other new and existing IHR markets
- Organizes information from Account Executives, Producers and the internet to facilitate new and renewal submissions.
- Reviews, monitors figures, commitments, earthquake limits and loss ratios
- Strong technical experience interpreting insurance policies
- Work with a high level of detail accuracy
- Work well independently and within a team culture
- Able to prioritize in a fast paced environment to meet time deadlines
Qualifications and Skills:
- General Insurance License Level 2
- A designation of a CAIB, CIP, CRM or FCIP preferred
- Eight or more years commercial Underwriting experience
- Advanced MSOffice skills. EPIC an asset
- Ability to work with integrity and accountability
As the Commercial Broker In-House Insurance Underwriter you enjoy a competitive salary plus extended medical and dental benefits. Working full-time in Burnaby you have the use of a complimentary fitness on-site plus easy transit shuttle from a nearby skytrain stations. There are opportunities for career growth and advancement plus available comprehensive tuition financing.
Apply today to join an Industry leader. Secure your financial future here and reach your career goals.
Call or text Freyja White at Coastline Insurance Personnel at 604-738-0552 for more information or send your resume in confidence to email@example.com or simply use the easy apply below. We look forward to working with you to find the your best career opportunity today.