Coastline: Client Broker
Join an leading Industry Insurer
Underwriting Manager – Personal Lines
Do you have what it takes as an Underwriting Manager – Personal lines to manage and direct an underwriting department? Challenging and exciting new position opening in Vancouver with a major Insurer is now available.
Achieve targeted business results as a leader and a mentor with an emphasis on providing high quality customer service.
Your primary role a the Underwriting Manager – Personal Lines is to manage portfolio performance to meet set targets for long and short-term goals. You assist and contribute to the development of regional strategies by evaluating the industry for current or potential impacts. Based on your recommendations you build regional strategies, develop targets and work to achieve benchmarks.
Another major responsibility is manage team performance by coaching, mentoring and pro-actively building skills through employee appraisals. You encourage employees to develop positive attitudes to manage change.Managing staff forecasts and hiring new employees through the interview process gives you the opportunity to build your team.
As the Underwriting Manager – Personal Lines you focus on adherence to policies, procedures and underwriting guidelines. You enjoy fostering positive working relationships both internally and externally plus attending networking events in the community.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Eight or more years experience in Property and Casualty Industry experience
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Able to motivate teams to high levels of performance while managing change
- Provide positive feedback to teams to encourage their current and future development
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to negotiate successfully while presenting new information for a successful solution
- Manage confronting difficult issues proactively and in a diplomatic manner
- Able to make decisions and provide justifications
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to meet deadlines through multi-tasking
- Can travel occasionally as needed
As the Underwriting Manager – Personal Lines you receive a generous salary plus bonuses, generous benefits and the opportunity to use your coaching and mentoring skills to build a successful underwriting team.
For more information and to apply, please call or text Freyja White at Coastline Insurance Personnel at 604-738-0552 in confidence or send your resume by email at email@example.com or use the easy apply link below. You can also reach us at Facebook messaging or on our LinkedIn page. Take the risk to improve your Insurance career – apply today.